Sunday, September 19, 2010

The past couple of months!


My family came to L.A for ten days and I got to tour L.A with them. We went to all sorts of places. It was fun! After they left we got to move into our new house!!!! How I love it here. I love how it's so close to a korean grocery store and close to Ralphs. The layout of the house is perfect too! My favorite thing is the kitchen. It has lots of counter space.Moving in took more effort than I thought. The hardest part was deciding where to put things. After weeks of work we are down to three boxes ! yay!!!! It feels so good to be settled. Shortly after we moved in, we took a 9 day trip to Taiwan, Shanghai and Hong Kong! Jonathan had to go for business, and he had a buy one get one free deal with the tickets, so I got to go along! We got to see lots of family and friends and discover taiwan. Going through the Chinese program at BYU, I've heard about taiwan over and over again. So many would glorify and rejoice at the sound of taiwan. So I was excited to finally discover what it was like for myself. Indeed, I have to say I was impressed. No one told me about how green taiwan was! Oh MY! AND SOOOO very clean! We saw both Taipei and Taichung during this trip. I loved seeing the country side. Jonathan and I even got to spend a day at a spa near the mountains in Taiwan! It was so relaxing :D. I also saw the forbidden palace museum in Taipei. Where it held all the stuff that the GMD took from the forbidden palace from Beijing. That was neat too. The cool thing about Taiwan is that everything gets recycled! Many countries could learn from them! In shanghai I got to see Cody, Jody, mom and dad and some extended relatives. We took lots of pregnancy pics. Since my cousin, Kara, who was there was also pregnant. We also got to go to the Shanghai World EXPO!!! IT"S HUGE!!!!!!! we were soooo tired after just going through several countries.So we didn't even get to see 1/3 of it! It's amazing how china can just create a whole new expo city in the time they had! The pic with the gray structure at the back was the Tongan booth at the expo! These structures were not small! In hong kong, since I was there just two months ago I didn't do as much as I did in the last trip. It was fun to catch up with friends again and to wonder around the streets of Hong Kong! I love traveling with my husband! He always makes it so much more fun!

1 comment: