Thursday, September 15, 2011

13 hour plane rides


Plane trips are long back and forth from China and the U.S. Ever since I was born I think I can safely say that I have on average taken this trip every year. I have since think mastered at not looking at my watch every two minutes and complaining to my parents every hour to enjoying the ride... almost. Thinking back, I have had lots of moments where it was on these very rides where I have learned the most. Learned what I wanted to do next. Learned what I have done before this trip. Learned more about what Heavenly Father wants me to learn. This trip I got to learn something again.

Having Kiera it was more of a challenge. I can't complain much though because she slept altogether I think 10 hours on the whole ride! However, it was different then my usual trips because during my quite moments this time I had Kiera in my arms and my honey next to me. I thought a lot about her and how she has changed my life. It was watching her asleep in my arms that I relearned why I follow the things I do. Why Heavenly Father has told us to keep the commandments he has laid out. All his commandments lead to one thing. Whether it is to keep the law of Chasity, to not drink, to not steal, to eat right, to have children...It leads us to love more. To love and respect our self, others and Heavenly Father and in return to feel that love from others. It made me think that if I ever am in question of what I am doing is right or not. I can ask ... does this act make me love someone else more? or does it ultimately hurt someone?

It's strange how I came about to this thought. Probably from the chick flick I watched and how films don't portray morals that ultimately lead to true happiness and love. I think I have learned this before but somehow it was different. I was humbled again to remember everything I have is because I was taught and was given the courage and strength to follow.

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful Chels. Thanks for the reminder! Love you:) And thanks for all your prayers! I bet Kiera had a great time on that trip:) World travelin' toddler she is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully said Chelsea!
    Great thought- I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is touching Chelsea. Hope you are having fun in China -- Emma, sisi's friend

    ReplyDelete