Monday, July 14, 2014

The process.

ART

Looking back it is THE small choices of change made along the way that created the final piece. It is the courage to paint over a piece. It is the decision to keep trying when I have given hope on a piece. I learn by the process. It is the process of painting that makes it a therapeutic outlet of expression for me. I am a beginner. I am learning. I'm not great at it. But wanted to share the process. I wish other artists would do this more. I feel I would learn so much more about a piece and the artist if I knew what was under the final layer. Or how they arrived at their final piece. Here is a bit of the process. I'll start taking more pictures for my next pieces.


This artist inspired me to paint the thick lines. I used my rug for inspiration ;)

 I decided to add the iconic images of my childhood city. Hong Kong. With Oil Pastels.



This piece was inspired by a piece in an Art Museum during the Sundance Festival. I decided to capture the essence of my Daughter. She recognized her dress!



The colors of this piece was from my color study pieces. I decided to portray tulips, our wedding flower. It began with two tulips but it didn't seem complete till I added another four ;).










2 comments: